Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Princess Bride

Alright, alright like many folks, I am waiting (almost) patiently for the Royal Wedding this Friday morning. I'll admit, I am sitting on the edge of my seat to see Kate's dress, all the while planning to live vicariously through her via my television set on the big day (I mean, really, who hasn't at least wondered what it would be like to be royalty). I have watched my fill of William + Kate tv specials, seen the kitschy souvenirs, and been inundated up to my eyeballs with Royal Family news coverage (I'm sure my fiance can't wait for it all to be over). And while we all are dying to know what Kate will wear, let us not forget about the best perk of being a princess....the sparkling accessories! 

So,while I try to figure out what channel to watch and DVR come this Friday, let's take some time to peruse some glittering tiaras in honor of Royal Wedding week!  



(Cartier, Princess Margarita of Romania)

(Queen Victoria's Diamond and Sapphire "Gothic" Tiara)

(Cartier, Kokoshnik-style Tiara, 1908)

(Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Cambridge Emeralds)

(Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara, reproduction)


(Cartier, Manchester Tiara, 1903)

(Portland Tiara with Sapphires, reproduction)

No comments:

Post a Comment