Saturday, June 9, 2012

Trend Alert: The Little White Dress

Not every girl dreams of being enveloped in a sea of satin and tulle on her wedding day. Don't get me wrong, I love my fair share of thunderous ballgowns and alluring fit and flares, but there is something about a short wedding dress that I am in (absolute) love with. Perhaps it's the break from tradition, or because it can be a little bit retro and still sleek and modern with a touch of pizzazz. Either way, I'm glad to see more and more designers making shorter gowns (I would personally shake all of their hands if I could, I am that excited!)

They are as versatile in their styles as they are in their purpose; perfect for a bride to change into for thoroughly enjoying her reception, makes a great exit outfit, or maybe the wedding is less grandiose such as a courthouse ceremony or an afternoon cocktail styled affair. These dresses provide flexibility while still enabling women to feel extra special on their wedding day.

Short and sexy Maggie Sottero
{Short and sexy Porsha by Maggie Sottero via The Knot}


Katie Ermilio Spring '12
{Kate Ermilio via Refinery 29}


{Alfred Angelo via The Knot}


Amsale, Spring 2013 Collection
{Amsale Spring 2013 via Martha Stewart Weddings}


Amsale, Spring 2013 Collection
{Love this Amsale Spring 2013 dress via Martha Stewart Weddings}

Pinned Image
{Monique Lhuillier Spring 2013}

Theia, Spring 2013 Collection
{Theia Spring 2013 via  Martha Stewart Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment